Monday, October 26, 2009

Following Piece 2.0 -- Day One




In keeping with Vito Acconci's original "Following Piece," I am uploading the following data for today's subject in my contribution to @Platea's "Following Piece 2.0".  I suppose if I were really following Acconci's protocol, I would send this report to an artist friend selected at random.

I found "Local Band Dad" (my name for him) by scrolling through the "Nearby" tweets on my Tweetie account.  I posted each entry separately to Twitter today.  The time stamp refers to when Local Band Dad made his Tweets (with one obvious exception).  I followed only his public activity on Twitter, including links he provided on that account.  With those caveats, I present today's report:


Monday, October 26, 2009


7:28 a.m. local dad talks to walmart greeter and expects a humanitarian award for the effort.


7:33 a.m. local dad lusts after lime green Ford Pinto and expresses subsequent disappointment in his Beemer. Sarcasm?


8:47 a.m. local dad posts pic of son with security blanket blearily watching morning cartoons. Doing own following piece with his kid?


9:00 a.m. checked out local dad's MySpace page and learn that he sings lead vocals for a local band. Rebranding as "local band dad."


11:22 a.m. Local Band Dad proclaims love for his father.


1:00 p.m. listened to mp3s of Local Band Dad's band on his MySpace page. Liked it. Wish band was playing somewhere public this week.


5:50 p.m. Local Band Dad posts Fred Flintstone-like gibberish to Twitter. Excitement about the end of the workday or baby talk?


Also in keeping with Acconci, tomorrow I will find a new subject to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Comment