Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Following Piece 2.0 -- Day Two



Day Two of @Platea's "Following Piece 2.0."  Yesterday morning I scrolled through "Nearby" tweets on Tweetie and hit upon Otter Boy.  That's not his Twitter name, but it does include "otter."

Note on my emerging protocol:  I try to make this selection more or less at random, but I also check recent tweets to get a sense of how often the potential subject posts.  What's the point of following someone if they never go anywhere?  Assuming the subject seems to post with sufficient frequency, I follow the subject and tweet a summary of his/her tweets as I see them.  I also follow any links posted or that included in the subject's profile. 

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

7:17 a.m. Otter Boy chooses to wear Hollister. Shirt? Cologne? The whole ensemble?

8:01 a.m. The Hollister decision pays off as Otter Boy receives immediate positive attention at school.

2:20 p.m. Otter Boy tweets about the science of light. The comment is in quotation marks, suggesting it is something someone else said.

4:15 p.m. Otter Boy notes, with excessive sibilance, that he is at the dentist.

4:48 p.m. Otter Boy gets confirmation from the dentist and praise for his vampire teeth. Plans to celebrate tonight.

4:49 p.m. Otter Boy expresses adoration for all he has accomplished and everything he will ever do. I think I need to change dentists.

5:38 p.m. Otter Boy expresses emphatic appreciation for T-Pain and disdain for Twitter. Not sure what the connection is.

9:25 pm Otter Boy listens to music in the dark. Remembering the Dentist (perhaps), opens wide and says, "ahhh." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Comment